Privacy; Confidential Information
Selfbook’s policy is to protect the confidentiality of the individually identifiable information that you provide, and we limit access to that information only to those with a need to know. Selfbook collects the following information from you: full name, your own photo for use as your profile photo, street address, city, state ZIP, phone number, e-mail address, IP address, credit card number, CVV code, token, and expiration date. We use this information to set up your profile, to complete transactions you request, and to convey your expression of interest in property if you give us permission to do so. Because payment data is vaulted, Selfbook will not see your credit card number or information.
Selfbook’s policy is to prohibit the unlawful disclosure of your personal information. Selfbook will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you purchased goods or other information to us unless: (a) you grant Selfbook permission to do so; or (b) it is to complete the transaction requested; or (c) Selfbook is requested or required to do so by law. To learn more about how Selfbook protects your personal information, such as your name and address, please contact us.
Sale of Information
Selfbook has disclosed but has not sold personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. As described above, Selfbook discloses your information to complete transactions you request, and to convey your expression of interest in the property if you give us permission to do so. Selfbook does not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
Selfbook logs your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, Selfbook may keep track of what portions of this site or web app you are visiting. Selfbook aggregates this information to help Selfbook improve or create a better experience for users of the site or web app. For example, Selfbook may upgrade those parts of the site or web app that are heavily visited.
Our site or web app automatically records website usage information that we analyze statistically to track operational problems, prevent fraud, and improve the effectiveness, security, and integrity of the site or web app. We do not use this information to track or record information about individuals. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form or as may be required by law. For each page that you visit, we collect and store the following technical information in what is called a web server log file:
- Date and time of access
- URL address of the Selfbook webpage visited
- Internet domain and IP address from which our website or web app was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our site or web app (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Completion or success status of the request for a web page or other on-line item
- File size of the webpage visited
A cookie is a piece of information that a website sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie does not tell us your individual identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Most cookies expire after a defined period of time.
Personally Identifiable Information
The preceding paragraphs describe the categories of personally identifiable information that Selfbook collects in this Site. Given the limited information collected and the form in which Selfbook receives it, Selfbook does not offer a process for review and changes to personal information.
Selfbook may disclose personally identifiable information you provide to third parties if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) complete the sales transaction, such as providing your reservation information to the designated hotel; (b) convey your expression of interest in property if you give us permission to do so; (c) comply with legal process; (d) enforce the Agreement; (e) respond to claims that any information you provide violates the rights of third parties; (f) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Selfbook, its users and/or the public; or (g) in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of Selfbook’s assets or shares by a third party.
If you wish to change personally identifiable information that you have provided Selfbook, please contact us.
Selfbook will not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see youradchoices.com.
Because we link to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Site.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Selfbook uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site but uses encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card information. When you are on any website that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
Limitation of Liability
Children and Minors
Selfbook makes no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and does not wish to receive any such information.
Additional Rights for California Residents
As a California resident, you have the right to request that Selfbook disclose to you what information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. You also have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about you which the business has collected about you. To submit either of the above requests, you may submit via email at [email protected] or call 1 212-287-4036. Please note for your protection, any request sent to Selfbook to delete your personal information will be subject to the following identity verification procedure:
- Users must be logged to their Selfbook account and verified via the two-factor authentication method.
- Users request deletion of their account by clicking on “Delete my account” under their profile settings.
- Once Selfbook receives the request, we process the account deletion within 24 to 48 hours from receiving the request.
You have the right to direct Selfbook to not sell your information. To exercise this right to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please contact us with the subject line: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Selfbook shall not discriminate against you for exercising any of your above rights.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to exercise your rights on your behalf. For your protection, we reserve the right to deny any request from an agent who does not submit proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf.
Selfbook has no actual knowledge that it sells the personal information of minors under age 16.
For further information on Privacy matters, please send us an email to [email protected] or call 1 212-287-4036.
Additional Rights for Canadian Residents
If you wish to review, verify, correct or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correction of, or deletion of any personal information you have provided to us. We cannot accept a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate a law or legal requirement or would result in incorrect information.
Before providing you with access to your information, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and right of access, and to provide you with the personal information we hold about you or to make the requested changes. In some cases, applicable law permits or requires us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or that we may have destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our legal record-keeping obligations and privacy best practices.
Please note that if you request deletion of certain information, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services. We will explain the consequences of deletion at that time to assist you in your decision. If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. Such restrictions may include, for example, information about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential business information, or would be prohibitively expensive to provide.
Unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, accounting or auditing requirements.
In certain circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use this anonymized data for legitimate business purposes without further notice or consent from you.
Additional Rights (and Terms) for Australian Residents
- We may collect the following types of personal information from you for the purpose of improving the services that we provide to you, providing products and services to you, sending you communications that are requested by you, answer any enquiries you submit, and to comply with law: Full name, your own photo for use as your profile photo, street address, city, state ZIP, phone number, e-mail address, IP address, credit card number, CVV code, token, and expiration date.
- We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting from you we may collect it through our Site or web app.
- Storage of Personal Information: Personal information is collected directly from individuals and stored using secure third party data storage provider. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- Under Australian privacy law, individuals have a right to request access to their personal information and to request its correction. If you wish to access or correct any of your personal information that we collect, you may submit via email at email@example.com or call 1 212-287-4036.
- As we are a US-based company, your information may be disclosed to recipients overseas, including in the US.
- If you have any complaints, you may submit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 212-287-4036. We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
- If you do not agree to provide Personal Information to us, this may affect your ability to access and use some or all of the services that we provide. In addition, we may not be able to provide you with information, or tailor the content on our Site or web app for you.